Learning at Growing Communities
Check out Growing Communities' blog for updates about our 'Grow, Cook, Eat' workshops taking place this Spring...
We are delighted to be delivering the 'Grow, Cook, Eat' package of workshops this Spring at a range of locations including our Hackney growing sites, our local pick-up points and our Farmers' Market. Thanks to funding from the Ernest Cook Trust we will be delivering the following programme:
- Cob Oven workshops on both our Clissold and Allens' Gardens sites with pupils from Stoke Newington Secondary School
- Farm to Fork Salad workshops with a local primary school at our Springfield site until the end of the Summer Term
- Family activities at our annual Seed Swap event at Springfield on Sunday 5th May
- Organic and Seasonal Cookery workshops with Growing Communities' veg bag produce with a local primary school followed by Seasonal Tasters at several of our pick-up points during the month of May
- Cookery workshops for Growing Communities' volunteers
- Herbal Plants workshops for families at our Allens' Gardens site
- Make your Veg Bag go Further workshops for families on our veg box scheme at our Farmers' Market
- Family activities at our weekly Farmers' Market
- Toddler and Parent/Guardian sessions at our Clissold site in June
Please contact Fi at email@example.com for more info about this programme of work.
We're also hoping to be able to offer our taster organic growing workshops to schools in the near future. Unfortunately we will not be able to take on any more school visits this term until we have secured funding. We will keep this page updated with our progress.
In the meantime all our growing sites: Allens Gardens, Springfield and Clissold are open to the public while we are working on-site. Allens is open on Mondays, Springfield on Tuesdays and Clissold on Thursdays. Our growers are concentrating on working to produce salad for the box scheme but there are lots of signs around the site explaining about organic growing and what is going on. For more information please look at our Market Gardens page.