Mushroom and tarragon pate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 shallots , finely chopped
- 1 leek , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 100g mushrooms , finely chopped
- 100g shiitake mushrooms or wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon , plus extra to garnish
- Bread ; extra vigin olive oil; green leaves, to serve
Heat butter in a large frying pan. Add shallots, leek and garlic, then gently fry for 7 mins until softened.
Increase the heat, add the mushrooms, then cook for 10 mins, stirring, until the juices have evaporated and the mushrooms are tender. Stir in the mustard and crème fraîche, then season well. Cook for a further 2 mins then stir in the chopped tarragon.
Preheat the grill. Cut the bread, drizzle with a little olive oil, then grill until golden. Spoon the hot pâté on to the toasts, garnish with the extra tarragon, then serve with salad leaves.