Pepper and honey roasted parsnips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 medium carrots , peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 large celeriac , peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 parsnips , peeled and cut into long sticks
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp black peppercorns , roughly cracked
1) Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Heat oil in a roasting tin on top of the stove, then throw in the vegetables and fry for 5-8 mins until they begin to brown. Place the tray in the oven for 40-50 mins, shaking pan occasionally until golden brown and soft.
2) Stir the honey, pepper and a sprinkling of salt into the vegetables, then return to the oven for 5 mins to warm the honey through.