Purple sprouting broccoli soup
This is really simple and great as a quick and delicious lunch, supper or starter.
- Bag of sprouting broccoli (or a large head of green broccoli)
- 4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs olive oil or butter
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 stock cube (chicken or veg)
- Cup of grated cheddar (optional)
- Yoghurt or sour cream to serve (optional)
Wash the broccoli and cut into roughly 1cm pieces. Peel the potatoes and cube. Chop the onion. Put the butter or oil into a saucepan and heat. Add all the veg and give them a good stir for a minute. Cover with boiling water and add the stock cube and nutmeg. Simmer until the potatoes are tender. Blend. Stir in cheese if you are using it and serve with a swirl of yoghurt and some buttered crusty bread.