Rigatoni with Butternut Squash
A quick, easy and Italian way of cooking your squash
- Olive oil
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (you could use other squash or pumpkin for this sauce)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 lb of rigatoni (round short tubes)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
Warm 3 TBS of olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the squash, garlic, 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
Sautee until the squash is golden and tender (about 5-7 minutes).
Transfer the squash into a food processor and puree until smooth.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Add the pasta and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes). Drain pasta.
In a large pot over low heat combine the cooked pasta, pureed squash and Â¾ cup of milk. Stir to combine.
Add basil and cheese.
Stir until mixed together and serve.